Every music lover is aware of the most popular Garageband tool. Many of the Garageband users have noticed that after installing the iOS 11, they have been unable to launch the app. According to the support page on the Apple`s official website, the company is aware of the issue and is trying to sort the issue.
Garage band is a great tool for all the music lovers. Using this amazing tool you can create any kind of music. You can also check out Garageband for pc as well. At times, the users of Garage band are coming across issues such as – Garageband is not working. In this article, you will learn how to fix Garageband not working issue.
Garage band not working issue
- First go to the App store on your iOS device, tap on the updates. Now scroll down and find Garage band in the list. If you see update option next to the Garage band, just tap on update. If not skip this step.
- If you use Audio Units Extensions or Inter-App audio apps as instruments or effects with Garage band, check with the manufacturer for the updates
- If you use any external audio interface, then you need to disconnect it. If the Garage band is working, you might need to update or service your audio interface.
- You need to delete any audio units extensions or inter-app audio apps
- Now try to create a new song, and then play it. If it works, check the other songs and solo tracks to see which one caused the issue.
- Next, you need to reset Garage band. Go to setting Garageband, then tap Reset Garageband. Once you reset Garage band, your song files, presets or patches aren`t affected. And the Other custom settings, like the 24-bit audio resolution and multitrack recording settings, are reset to factory defaults.
- You have to back up all songs on your device. Then delete the Garageband and re download it.
- Try to open Garageband using other account. Logging in as another user can help you to figure out if unexpected behavior is related to specific user`s settings or files.
- Try to reinstall the Garageband app.
- If you are using an external audio interface, MIDI interface, storage system, or plug-in not made by Apple, make sure that it is compatible with latest version of Garage band. Contact the manufacturer for support if possible. If any update is available, follow the manufacturer`s instructions to update the device or software.
I hope this article has helped you to fix the Garage band not working issue. Please feel free to comment below if you have any queries regarding the Garage band app. Do share the article with family and friends.